The Empire State

June 2nd, 2013 baschi14

Welcome to New York!

Today I officially arrived in NYC! It’s pretty safe to say I am in complete shock right now. There is so much going on in the city, it is very different from the small historical town of Lexington Ma, where I call home. I have never seen a place so alive with different people all hustling from place to place. It makes Worcester look tiny!

Moving in was an interesting process, thankfully we were able to get a parking spot right across from my residence which made it so much easier. We could have sold that parking spot for a lot of money if we wanted to. After my dad and I finished moving in everything we took a ride on the subway to test out my route to work tomorrow morning. It seems fairly straight forward, however I’m sure tomorrow it will be very busy. We then spent a little time grocery shopping and then grab a quick bite to eat at a very nice a cheap sushi bar across the street. This will definately be a place I will be frequenting!

Currently, I just finished setting up my room at EHS St. George Weller Residence and am taking some time to relax and unwind. It has been a busy weekend and a eventful day. I am looking forward to starting work tomorrow and can not wait to see what American Transit has in store for me!

View from my room