The Count Down to New York Begins!

May 21st, 2013 baschi14

a business ready wardrobe!

The count down to my legal internship at American Transit Insurance and summer in New York City has official begun! In about a week in a half I will be making the short trip down to the city and moving into Educational Housing Services (EHS), my new home for the next 10 weeks.

After arriving home from Holy Cross on Friday, and spending a relaxing weekend at home, I’ve  realized it’s time to actually start preparing for this summer. So yesterday, I spent the day shopping for business appropriate attire. Even though my wardrobe is pretty much finished I still have a ton left to do:

• Pack (not as easy as it sounds)
  • figure out what shoes to bring
  • grocery shop
  • get a hair cut
  • laundry

The list seems to keep growing everyday! I received two emails today. The first, from my internship supervisor, just reaching out to me and letting me know how excited she is. The other, from EHS, the dorms I will be staying. It was nice to get some more information about what my summer could be like.

I am looking forward to working and living in the city, but I am also a little nervous. This is a completely new experience for me, I have never been to the city! Lots of my friends will be in the city participating in various Summer Internship Program (SIP) internships as well so it will be fun to spend the summer exploring New York with them. 11 DAYS LEFT!